Leader Effectiveness Training (L.E.T.)
Leaders know that it takes more than technical ability and business savvy to be successful in today’s business environment. The ability to communicate and deal with conflicts effectively is equally if not more important.
Leader Effectiveness Training (L.E.T.) is the foundation of our People Productivity Process (TM). L.E.T. teaches a concrete, actionable set of tools and skills that reduce conflict in the workplace, increase time on task and measurably reduce the costs of people problems. The People Productivity Process incorporates 360 assessment, coaching and follow-up so that L.E.T. becomes an on-going learning experience, rather than a one-time workshop.
All L.E.T. Workshops are led by specially-trained and authorized L.E.T. Trainers. Throughout the intensive program, leaders participate in skill-building through lively presentations, role plays, one-on-one coaching, small group discussions and workbook exercises.
|L.E.T. Workshops for Individuals – Calendar|
|January 14 – 15, 2014||Grand Rapids, MI|
|March 4 – 6, 2014||Gainesville, TX|
|March 25 – 27, 2014||Midland, TX|
|March 28 – 30, 2014||Hampshire, UK|
|May 13 – 15, 2014||Jackson, MS|
|June 11 – 12, 2014||Miami, FL|
|June 17 – 19, 2014||Pratt, KS|
|July 8 – 10, 2014||Columbia, MO|
|September 16 – 18, 2014||Richmond, VA|
|September 17 – 18, 2014||Plant City, FL|
|October 14 – 16, 2014||Richmond, VA|
|October 21 – 22, 2014||Grand Rapids, MI|
|L.E.T. Refresher Workshops* for Individuals – Calendar|
|February 11, 2014||Hampshire, UK|
|June 24, 2014||Grand Rapids, MI|
|October 14, 2014||Hampshire, UK|
|November 28, 2014||Grand Rapids, MI|
|L.E.T. Train-the-Trainer Workshop – Calendar|
|April 7-11, 2014||San Diego, CA|
Are you curious to know if L.E.T. is the right program for you and your organization? Check out this cool, short video to find out.
Hear what a recent L.E.T. Participant has to say about the workshop—he thought he’d hate it!
What You Will Learn
After participation in an L.E.T. workshop, it is expected that you will have the ability to:
- Determine who “owns the problem” in a given situation.
- Identify the 12 Roadblocks to Communication.
- Distinguish between Roadblocks and Active Listening.
- Avoid the Roadblocks that cause most helping attempts to fail.
- Recognize when team members need your help as a skilled listener.
- Use silence, acknowledgments and door-openers to help another person with a problem.
- Active Listen to hear another’s feelings.
- Active Listen to clarify information.
- Distinguish between Acceptable and Unacceptable Behavior.
- Determine what to do when another’s behavior is interfering with you meeting your needs.
- Develop a three-part Confrontive I-Message.
- Confront another’s unacceptable behavior with an I-Message.
- Shift gears between I-Messages and Active Listening when appropriate.
- Acknowledge others’ efforts with Appreciative I-Messages.
- Prevent problems and conflicts using Preventive I-Messages.
- Recognize conflict situations.
- Distinguish between Conflicts-of-Needs and Values Collisions.
- Avoid the use of Method I.
- Avoid the use of Method II.
- Set the stage for Method III Conflict Resolution.
- Use Method III to resolve a conflict you have with another person.
- Use Method III to mediate a conflict between others.
- Handle Values Collisions.
- Use the Principle of Participation when there’s an issue or problem involving team members.
Would you like to read what L.E.T. has done for clients?
Click here to read some powerful testimonials!
For more information, please contact us: