This amazing workshop teaches you how to become more effective and take responsibility in both your personal and professional life. In addition to the communication skills and conflict resolution methods taught, this course offers training in assertive skills, how to handle anxiety, and how to set goals for becoming more fulfilled. And now it’s available online!
You Will Learn How To:
- Understand the concept of personal control and responsibility.
- Identify important personal needs.
- Understand the Behavior Window.
- Distinguish between Acceptable and Unacceptable Behavior.
- Determine who “owns the problem” in a given situation.
- Express their needs, feelings, ideas in a clear direct way.
- Acknowledge others’ efforts with Positive I-Messages.
- Say “no” to unacceptable requests with Responsive I-Messages
- Prevent problems and conflicts in relationships using Preventive I-Messages.
- Determine what to do when another’s behavior is interfering with them meeting their own needs.
- Identify ineffective ways of confronting unacceptable behavior.
- Develop a three-part Confrontive I-Message.
- Confront another person’s unacceptable behavior with a Confrontive I-Message.
- Shift gears between I-Messages and Active Listening when appropriate.
- Reduce fear and anxiety so they can move toward meeting their needs and goals.
- Recognize conflict situations.
- Avoid the use of Method I and Method II.
- Use the Six Steps of Method III to resolve a conflict with another person.
- Set the stage for Method III conflict resolution.
- Distinguish between Conflicts-of-Needs and Values Collisions.
- Handle Values Collisions.
- Recognize when another person needs their help as a skilled listener.
- Identify the 12 Roadblocks to Communication.
- Avoid the Roadblocks that cause most helping attempts to fail.
- Use silence, acknowledgments and door-openers to help another person with a problem.
- Active Listen to hear another person’s feelings.
- Active Listen to clarify information.
- Plan for and achieve important personal goals.
For more information, please contact us: