Conflict Resolution Workshop (C.R.W.)
We have all experienced the stress that comes from having unresolved conflicts with our co-workers. Conflicts that are ignored or resolved badly don’t go away–they cause people to feel resentful and to avoid each other. The effects on the company are a loss of productivity, absenteeism and turnover.
The Conflict Resolution Workshop goes directly to the heart of this problem. In it, mid-level managers and first-line supervisors learn Dr. Thomas Gordon’s model for resolving conflicts.
What C.R.W. Participants Will Learn
- That conflict is inevitable, unavoidable–even healthy. The existence of conflict is not the problem, but rather how it is resolved
- How to identify conflicts at work
- How to listen to others’ points of view for better understanding and improved work relations
- How to express needs and problems openly and honestly without blame, criticism or finger-pointing
- A proven six-step method for resolving conflicts so that needs (not competing solutions) get clearly identified and new, more creative solutions are found with group participation
- How to mediate disputes between team members
How Your Company Will Benefit
- Reduced time spent refereeing disagreements and conflicts between team members, freeing up time for productive work
- Reduced stress because problems and conflicts are faced and solved instead of ignored or avoided
- More openness because employees feel more comfortable bringing up their issues and working out their differences
What Do Participants Say?
“It was fun, exciting, enlightening, and potentially life-changing. You, Bud, have a wonderfully comfortable way of conducting the workshop that made me feel safe in participating, which made it much more meaningful. Thank you so much! Everyone, everywhere should experience this and apply it.”
“The Department is committed to a high performing workforce and we recognize to have this requires successful collaboration at work. The basis for collaborative work relationships is superior communication. The best communication and problem solving model we have seen is the one developed by Gordon Training International and used in their Conflict Resolution Workshop program. It is an elegant model which is applicable is a wide variety of work and personal relationships. Our staff who have participated in the workshops have been pleased with the positive results they have garnered at work and at home.”
— Kate C., Maine Dept. of Health and Human Services
“A small investment in the time it takes to learn and practice these skills has resulted in huge time savings and greater personal job satisfaction. Using these skills at project meetings makes the difference between having a battle of personal wills resulting in poor decision making versus a more democratic exchange of ideas and opinions that includes more input from group members. Meetings stay on track, on time, and regularly result in better decisions that are more fully understood and accepted by the group.”
— Hobie H., Wells Fargo
“The conflicts and disagreements that we have solved (and prevented!) by applying the listening skills and problem-solving techniques we learned in the CRW class have streamlined communications among team members and have, ultimately, impacted the bottom line through savings of time and money.”
— Leane M., Executive Director, Elderhelp of San Diego
For more information, please contact us: