SOLANA BEACH, CA – May 2, 2011 – The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee, seen as Royal Military Constabulary (commonly referred to as KMar), has staff trainers who offer Leader Effectiveness Training, L.E.T., the leadership training program from Gordon Training International (GTI).
KMar is one of the four Services of the armed forces of The Netherlands that is involved in border protection, military police and guard duties—which includes providing security for Queen Beatrix of Holland.
Gordon Training International’s Representative, Nederlandse Effectiviteits Trainingen (NET), trained and certified the L.E.T. Trainers at KMar.
It is a police organization with a military status, under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Defense, but mostly working for the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. The RNLM performs the following duties:
• assistance to and replacement of the police
• escorting and protection of NATO convoys
• fighting illegal immigration
• fighting international crime
• guarding the national borders
• guarding the royal palaces and the house of the Prime Minister
• military police functions for the Dutch Armed Forces
• riot control and protection
• security and police work at all civilian airports, notably Schiphol Airport
• VIP close protection including the Royal Family and high-ranking government officials
• Special Protection Assignments Brigade (BSB), special forces for arrests, surveillance and protection
• KMOO, the Military Police Service
Since the late 1970’s, NET has been offering the communication and conflict resolution courses developed by Dr. Thomas Gordon and the company he founded, Gordon Training International. The most well-known course is Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) which has enjoyed wide success throughout the Netherlands over the past 30 years. NET has also been responsible for offering the following Gordon programs: Leader Effectiveness Training (L.ET.), teachers (Teacher Effectiveness Training), adults (Be Your Best) and Youth Effectiveness Training (Y.E.T.)
Gordon Training International (GTI) was founded by three-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon, in 1962. GTI’s mission is to teach people the skills they need to have effective, satisfying relationships in the workplace, the family, and at school. GTI’s courses are taught in over 40 countries around the world by its authorized Representatives and Instructors.